RN (ER, Med Surge, Geri Psych)
ER Geri Psych and/or Med Surge, 3 years (Preferred)
Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
RN- Emergency Room, Med Surge, Geri Psych
***SIGN ON BONUS***
To act as patient advocate, providing continuity of care designed to meet individual patient needs through collaboration with other members of the healthcare team and supporting the philosophy, objectives and goals of the facility. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of individual patients including but not limited to adult, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri.
Minimum of 3 years work experience as a staff nurse preferred
CPI Certification required but may be obtained after hire.
BLS, ACLS certifications required
PALS certification required if working in the ER
Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
1. Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive status.
2. Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons and documenting events
3. Demonstrates applied knowledge base in areas of medical/surgical patient care, pain assessment and actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents, laboratory values, safety and legal issues and all emergency equipment.
4. Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
· Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition-stabilizing interventions.
· Manage patients’ pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions and monitoring patients’ responses.
· Document data related to patients’ care, including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
· Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
· Assess urgent and emergent health conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data.
· Obtain specimens or samples for laboratory work.
· Perform administrative duties that facilitate admission, transfer, or discharge of patients.
· Treat wounds or superficial lacerations.
· Perform all other functions and responsibilities of a RN in an Emergency Medical situation.
Must possess critical thinking skills, work well with all medical staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Emergency Medicine
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Signing Bonus
- ER Geri Psych and/or Med Surge: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
- Not listed / Other
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Http: //noblehealthcorp.com
Company’s Facebook page:
- Http: //Fultonmedicalcenter.org
- Only full-time employees eligible